Mortgage Moxie, INC.
Information Covered by this Policy
“Personal Information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that Mortgage Moxie has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise. This Policy applies to any Personal Information about you that you may provide to Mortgage Moxie when:
- using our website or sending us information by email;
- speaking with one of our representatives on the phone; or
- providing information to us in writing.
Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- your name;
- your photograph;
- contact information, such as your physical address, phone number, or email address;
- demographic information, such as your gender or age; or
- financial information, such as your credit card or bank account numbers.
Information Collected and How We Use It
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
The personal information we collect may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Initial User Registration. We collect information you provide to us when you register on our website (such as: name, date of birth, email address, address, phone number, and demographic information).
- Purchases. We may collect financial information in connection with a purchase transaction.
- Data Aggregation. To enhance our ability to provide you with our services, we may combine your Personal Information with aggregated data about groups of people in similar circumstances. However, we will remove all information that would specifically identify you individually, so that we are left with only the information that would allow us to obtain the aggregated data results.
- Newsletters. We may occasionally offer newsletters or other publications focused on specific industry developments that you might want to receive. If you ask to receive a newsletter, we will use your contact information to deliver the material you request.
- Data Partners. Mortgage Moxie partners with several companies that gather opted-in information from consumers. We may supplement the information we collect with information from third party data partners (“Data Partner”) and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publicly available, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws. If you have provided Personal Information to one of our Data Partners, we may receive your Personal Information from the Data Partner.
- Public Records. In some circumstances, we may link the information you have provided to our Data Partners with publicly available data about you, such as public directory phone numbers.
- Opt Out Requests. If you send us an email or use our website to opt out of receiving information or being contacted, we will retain and use some of your information to avoid further contact with you. We may also retain your information to the extent it has previously been incorporated in anonymized data and as necessary for us to meet legal requirements and defend claims against us.
You may remove your information from our contact list by sending an email entitled “Unsubscribe” to [email protected]
Please note that we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or similar legal process served on our website, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Mortgage Moxie does not collect information through our website from individuals who are known to be under the age of 13. Our website is not directed to anyone under the age of 13 years, and if we learn that we have received personal information from a child under 13, then we will delete that information.
Information Sharing and Transfer
We will share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement or unless you expressly opt in to such sharing.
We may provide your information with third-party service providers (e.g., call centers, email service providers), or data partners who are contractually bound to handle your information confidentially and prohibited from disclosing your information to others.
When and How Mortgage Moxie May Contact You
When you register with Mortgage Moxie, or complete an online information request, you indicate your consent for Mortgage Moxie to store your Personal Information in our database and contact you about the mortgage service industry, or receive information on a specific topic indicated by you, by various means, including telephone, email, and US mail. You also have the option of receiving emails regarding new postings to our site. In addition, Mortgage Moxie may contact you periodically when we have provided new functionality to our website, so that you may take advantage of the new services. Providing a telephone number constitutes your consent for Mortgage Moxie to contact you at that number for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
Mortgage Moxie uses technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, to track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. A cookie is a data file that is placed by a website operator on the hard drive of a visitor’s computer to their site. Firstparty cookies (owned and controlled by Mortgage Moxie) are enabled to the computers of those visiting our websites for the following purposes: to improve the user experience by allowing the site to remember a visitor as they browse through different pages; to allow us to perform site analytics; to assess whether visitors to the site later become referrals to clinical trials. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve analytics and site functionality.
Social Media Buttons and Links to Third Party Sites
We maintain information security safeguards to protect your Personal Information. We protect any Personal Information you provide using encryption, and utilize firewalls to protect our computer network from hackers. We take reasonable steps designed to prevent unauthorized access, use and alteration of Personal Information, but cannot guarantee the security of such information. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Mortgage Moxie is not responsible for the security of information transmitted over the Internet, wireless networks, and other networks we do not control.
Sale or Transfer of Corporate Assets
Mortgage Moxie expressly reserves the right to transfer its database of information to another legal entity as part of any sale or merger of Mortgage Moxie with that entity. Any entity acquiring Mortgage Moxie’s data assets will do so with the express, written commitment to use the data only for authorized purposes, and only if the entity maintains a similar level of privacy and information security protection. You will be notified via notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Inquiries, Complaints, and Requests to Exercise Rights
All communications, queries, requests to exercise informational rights (e.g. access to data) or complaints, should be addressed: by email to [email protected], or by regular mail to 4600 South Syracuse Street, 9th Floor, Denver, CO 80237.
Changes to the Policy
Our Policy is not a contract, and it does not create any legal rights or obligations. Mortgage Moxie reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy. We regularly review our Policy to ensure that it provides an appropriate level of protection for your Personal Information. From time to time, we may make changes to our Policy to keep it current with industry standards and as required by law. We will post the date of the most recent revisions on this page. Please check back here from time to time to make sure that you are current and up-to-date on our Policy. Please keep in mind that your use of our website means that you accept our Privacy and Security Policy.
This Policy was last updated on February 7, 2017.